Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Response to Nicole



Everyone has some sort of goal that they want to achieve. The only difference is what that person is willing to do in order to achieve that goal. Benson, Benjamin, and Alepho all have one major goal that they want to achieve. That goal is to return to their families and survive the war. Each boy goes on their own journey in doing this, all three boys go through almost exactly the same thing in order to do it. They each follow the rebels in order to stay safe from the gun power. They each do all that they can do in order to survive, which includes learning how to make money and how to find food. They did all they needed to do in order to survive even if they had to endure pain. "Other times we'd be so delighted to find a beehive that we did't even care about being stung when we went after the honey." (pg 130). They never stop thinking about the things that makes them have the drive to survive which is their families. As long as they think and remember they will never give up. "I wondered about my mother and father, my brothers and sisters... I even missed their teasing." (pg. 136). They will risk everything even going on their own to find their ways back home.






I even have to do all I need to do in order to get somewhere. If I just sit here and wait I'm going to get no where. No one will come and do what I need to get done for me. The only person who can get me somewhere is me. And I have to be willing to sacrafice all I have in order to get there. There was a time when I was young that I wanted to get chinese food. My mom and I didn't have money. Not sure why I was like only five at the time, but my mom tells me this story all the time. Anyways I asked her if we could get some chinese food and she was like "I'm sorry baby but mommy doesn't have any money." and I was like yes we do. I pulled out my little wallet and pulled out a twenty dollar bill. My mom told me that when I was young I was so giving and gave the very little that I have so her and I could have even the smallest things in life: like eating take out for once. I guess I was willing even at the age of five to give up the only money I had on order to eat out. lol simple but cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment