Monday, August 22, 2011

Final Response to Danielle - Kevin





Dear Sarah,



I love how I can sense the sarcasm and smart alcy remarks you make to people throughout the book. What you talk about in your book is very relating to people of all generations. There will always be that person in your family that isn’t like anyone else and that happens to be me in mine and I like the way that you made me realize that it was okay.


One of my favorite parts was when you were in the high school band and Andy Heap was making fun of you while you were performing and you decided to stick your tongue out at him at the end of “Tico Tico.’ I could just imagine you doing this with this bittersweet face then running back to the march line. I can relate to this because when I was about 14 I was in a choir and my sister kept making faces while I was singing so I slid my middle finger on the side of my rope so that she would see it and when she did she made a very surprised face and then I was filled with satisfaction.


I really enjoyed finding out about your obsessions with Frank Sinatra and the movie Godfather. It made me get a better understanding of who you were and the things that you love in life. I know that you love your family and the differences between you guys, only made y’all stronger as a family. I think that would make any family come closer together if you were all separated for a long amount of time it would just make you want to be close again.


After reading your book it made me more of an independent because you made me see that I don’t need someone to be there for me as long as I have myself, you demonstrated this when you left your family and everyone that you loved to go to Sicily, Italy to study aboard. Leaving the ones you love would be hard at the time but as long as you are bettering yourself I guess it shouldn’t matter right? I loved how you didn’t want to be recognized by what you look like so you changed your whole appearance so that people would treat you differently. From that I want to know if you still dress in the all black and I also want to know if you ever got married and just kept your last name? (People do that a lot nowadays!)



Sincerely,


Kevin Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment