Monday, August 15, 2011

Day#9 response(Sam)-Nikkea

Image Detail


I believe I've grown in wisdom and knowledge like Sarah Vowell, in Take the Cannoli.
Sarah grew as she got older, she understood things she wasnt able to. She learned of family issues and took them from negative to actually turning them into explainations.
She understood and identified herself. Her culture, she took risks as she learned to drive at the age of 28.
 I think as I tend to identify more and more with learning and getting to know myself. I believe as I tend to get older I want to know specifics when things more such as who am I really and what do I to acheive out of life.
Sarah wasnt trying to please anyone and she was fine with her decision. She enjoyed the fact she could come and go as she pleased and make rational choices.
I think over these last few weeks made me realize and want to focus on the bigger things I want out of experience at Columbia College.
I want the chance to grow in knowledge and also gain the maturity as an adult.
Sarah grew from not understanding why she was different to accepting herself. The distance of her and her family became important and closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment