Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Responding to myself!


Well I would have to say, I have changed my outlook on many things since high school began. I became much more imaginative than I have before, day dreaming more and more to the point where I wouldn't pay attention to class (not that I needed to, I usually got everything right but never turned my homework in). I normally never really cared about much else except my own thoughts, my friends and my family. However, since my friends are mainly gamers for the most part, I was usually stuck at home for over half my high school career mindlessly distracting myself from reality with games, much like what Mark in Lost in Place did with weed. However, one key event that has happened to spark a drastic change in me was being sent to an alternative school for at risk sophomores. That was where all hell broke loose, my mind was assaulting me on a daily basis, I barely ever stayed in class, much less school, however this was where I became aware of a very real problem that kept me back from actually using my full potential. I am diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, which pretty much means cronic panic attacks. I would have at least 3-4 daily, and wouldn't be able to stay in class they were so bad, much less school. But good always comes out of bad, after I was starting to take the steps to stop this on going problem, I then developed a working habit, it wasn't good at first but over the years it grew and grew and grew. To this point in time it is still growing, but the rapid growth through the Bridge Program is making everything accelerate faster. I am now doing my work, getting the grades I never got before, and am doing/participating in class work and assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment