Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 6: Response to Nicole and Nikkea - Kevin








The reason I choose a picture of a pinneapple is because it represents Welcoming.







Response to Nicole:







In my book, Take the Cannoli, Sarah has known all of her life that she is Cherokee Indian but never really had the passion or the drive to find out more about what and who she is. Sarah and her family would always take a summer trip to their native land so that Sarah and her twin Amy could find out about their people. Their family walked the Trail of Tears and that is when Sarah came to a realization that she won’t ever know herself unless she begins to find out about her past. She found out that the Cherokee began as slaves and later were released and then they captured their own slaves and had them walking all across the continent. The Cherokees was all over the US. They were in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Virginia and the Carolinas. Sarah was applaud with what her people did to people but she realized that the past is done.







In high school, I was a cheerleader and during football season we had auditions for our school musical which was RENT. I am in love with the musical so I tried out and I landed the lead role as Angel! I had to put aside the cheerleading because I thought that being in such an inspirational musical would be more fulfilling to me. So when I did that, I made a few people mad and made others extremely happy. Through that, I realized that you really can’t please everyone. You’re not meant to.













Response to Nikkea:







I am also reading Take the Cannoli, Sarah admires Pat Vowell (her father) and Frank Sinatra. When she thinks of her father she thinks of love and protection. She finds out that he is an awesome dad for taking her to do the things when she was younger. She would always visit the Trail of Tears with her family to get a feeling for her culture. The reason that she loves Frank Sinatra is because he was in Scarface. She loved the fact the he sings and acts. It just amazes her! “She searches the streets of Hoboken for traces of the town’s favorite son, Frank Sinatra.” She is a true fan of his and absolutely admires him for the things he has done.







In my life of “No’s” there was always that one person who would tell you “Yes!” My person would have to be my drama teacher. She is very loving, she is the type of person to comfort you when you need and let you know the truth all at the same time. She has helped me through many endeavors this year. She put me on the right path that I needed to be on! Without her tender arms of love this year I don’t think I would have graduated. She stayed on me like “gravy on rice” and for that I am thankful because she never let me fall off of my game she kept pushing me to do more and more and never let up! Strive for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment