Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reading Response: Nikkea


In the book, Lost in Place, Mark throws himself in a kung-Fu class with a guy named O’Keefe who teaches the class and is the owner of the dojo. Mark never had to take beginner classes; instead, he skipped right up to intermediate. Once he met Master O’Keefe, he had to deal with all his crazy talk and the beatings his master would give him. It wasn’t even just his master that he would get shit from. He would have to deal with the other fighters in the class. I think Mark admired his master because of the way he taught his classes. Master O’Keefe never messed around and as soon as someone was slacking then he would kick him out of the class or give him his beating of the day.

Someone that I admire in my life is my friend “DOMkey”. He and I are in the same crew (Lionz Of Zion) but we both became good friends before I was even considered being put down in the crew. He is someone I look up to and someone that I could always get along with. No matter what I did wrong when I danced he was there to motivate and help me out whenever I needed help. Dom goes to countries around the world competing in worldwide events representing his crew and his country! Pretty much everything that he does I really do admire, He is never rude or ignorant to anyone he meets. I don’t just admire him just as a dancer or a performer, but as a person as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment