Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nicole Response


I have sacrificed the last month of my summer so I can attend the Bridge Program here at Columbia College Chicago. I am risking a lot to be here. Money, time and a boat load of stress. Similar to Sarah Vowell when she sacrificed her values and opinions about guns in order to have a better relationship with her Father, I have sacrificed my time and energy because I am so dedicated to come to this college. Although my book is not a continuous story, but a collection of essays, Vowell still displays a series of similar themes in each story. She is a very dedicated person, and she knows what she wants. She played countless instruments in her high school marching band, as well as jazz and orchestral ensembles, as well as being in a few clubs. I feel very brave that I have decided to take such a big sacrifice by moving so far away from home in order to take a summer school course that might end ugly. It’s still a possibility that I could be sent home packing with my tail in between my legs, or I can do my best and remain determined. I know I can do this; I wouldn’t be taking such a big risk if I didn’t know that I can pass this course. I am very excited to start my fall semester and Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment