Thursday, August 4, 2011

DAY 4 RESPOND TO JULIA

In my book “Lost in Place” My character (Mark) has a little brother 2 years younger than he is and in the book, his brother comes off as an enemy. Mark describes that how he and his brother clash after Mark decided he wanted to become a Zen monk. Because of Mark’s daily routines with his training to become a monk, he would clash heads with his little brother often. An example of them not getting along because of the whole monk thing was when Mark decided to meditate in his room on the top of his bunk bed that he shares with Erich (his brother). When Erich saw what Mark was doing he immediately started to tell Mark that there was no way that he was thinking of nothing. He said “You’re thinking of something right now, faker.”

In my life I have someone that pops in and out of my life occasionally. His name is Dominic but the world knows him as “DOMkey”. He is an international bboy who has traveled all over the world to be able to compete in competitions. I don’t see him often because he lives all the way up in Philadelphia, PA. I remember whenever he was down in Virginia he would always tell me not to quit and that I had great potential and he knew that I was going to become an amazing dancer if I kept up with it and did my best all the time. Because of him, he made me want to train day in and day out. I’ve been dancing for 4 years now, I don’t think I would be where I am today as a dancer if it wasn’t for him and his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment