Monday, August 8, 2011

Reading Response Mario Day#5


I know for a fact that mark had more enemies rather than just Michael (the bully) sometimes I believe that his parents are sometimes his enemy and also his younger brother. Just because of the thing he is working towards. Mark has to go through his brothers picking, and pretty much just tries to ignore him. At the same time his parents are on him because of the whole school and how the monk training almost interfered with his education.

Mark earned respect from Michael when Michael found out that Mark was taking classes from O’Keefe. Michael explained that his older brother was taking classes from O’Keefe for a couple of months but later on he dropped out because “he didn’t feel like getting killed”. Mark was then told by Michael that O’Keefe actually killed a man and had to do time because of it.

I remember when I was in middle school and I would always dread riding the bus to school because there was always this big tall kid that would always shove me or punch me in the arm for no reason. I didn’t know how to stop it because I remember clearly asking him to stop it because it was starting to get to me but he ended up doing it worse and it made it even more annoying. As time went on I found him quiet on the bus, sitting alone. You could tell that something happened to him, I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do, all I know is that I just wanted to pretend like I didn’t even see him and sit down in my seat alone. But, that’s just not the type of person I am. I took a deep breath and walked to his seat and sat down next to him. I asked him what was wrong, he stayed quiet. Then out of nowhere I heard him mumble something about his test and homework. i couldn’t really make out what he said but I assumed that he got a bad grade on his test and homework. He later told me that his parents were going to be upset with him because of the grades he got. I ended up saying that I was able to help him out if he wanted me to. Before I knew it, I was over at his house helping him with his homework and the things he was having trouble with. As time went on, he ended up not being so bad. We would joke around and actually get along with each other. He never really picked on me after he got to know the person I was, and I didn’t judge or say anything bad about him when I took the time to know and understand what he was going through as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment