Monday, August 8, 2011

Repsonse to Vince and Mario






Response to Vince’s Question:




Sarah’s imagination is beyond ordinary. She always takes what she has to do to another level. In college she decided to study aboard and Sicily, Italy. At one point in the book Sarah got in an altercation with her roommate. Her roommate was talking about how America was such a bad place and Sarah defended her country and Montana as she gave a few examples of how America wasn’t a bad place and that we just had bad people living here such as any other place in the world. Sarah’s made herself remember the beautiful blue skies and the unlimited cups of coffee from the local diner. She related everything to her little town in Montana. Without an imagination she wouldn’t have been able to feel like she was at a home away from home.




I think I am more of an imaginer! I see things in my mind and then I just work hard to make sure that they all come true. For example, I can see myself on the Broadway stage performing and I know one day I will get my chance to shine on that marvelous stage! That’s my imagination at its best when you think of happy things. Your imagination can also go downhill like you can begin to doubt yourself within everything you say but the good always triumphs the bad. Well at least it does in my case.







Response to Mario’s Question:




In Take the Cannoli, I wouldn’t really say there were any enemies. Where I am in the book doesn’t show me that she isn’t getting along with anyone. She has her own views on things and that may consider her to be an enemy to any Christian because she is an atheist, but in the book it hasn’t said anything about anyone making any threats or any disrespectful things to her because of what or who she believes in. So far the only thing that she actually disagreed with was her roommate, when the beating of the Rodney King was happening because her roommate made it seem like America was a “dirty place.” They were from two different places and didn’t really understand each other’s backgrounds. Her roommate couldn’t figure out why she would want to go to a place where people beat others and put trees and buildings to flames but Sarah’s response to that was just simple. She wanted to go back “Because it’s huge!” That really wasn’t the best answer she could’ve said but that’s the only thing that came to mind at the point.




In middle school, there was a boy named Rashad. He just came from New York to our school so he thought he was better than everyone else because he could say he was from the “NY.” Rashad and I never got along! He would always be competing for something. It never mattered to us. It could be grades, girls or simple things like who could ever get to the lunch line first and because this competition, it made us not like each other. When we both matured a little, things started to get better and we started hanging out and we became really good friends while we were in high school. After we put our childish traits away a friendship was formed.


No comments:

Post a Comment