Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day#6 response-Nikkea



Sarah Vowell feels that Frank Sinatra is the most towering musician figure this century has produced. Frank's complicated, love-him/hate-him persona and his twisting, turning road map of a voice are nearly as large as America itself, Sarah admires. Sarah describes Sinatra as where pop begins, he's the bible, the first punk. She states punk is rhythm, style, poetry, comedy, defiance, and above all, anmbition...it's Frank
Sinatra. Sarah admires Sintra, she follows his history of growing up in Hoboken, New Jersey. Where a young Sarah learns Sinatra turned his back on Hobeken, a place where not many recognizes their famous son. But learning this information she continues to play his songs over and over. She admires that Sinatra never took self-confidence for granted.
Someone that I admire would be someone very close to me, and that person would have to be my mom. She's overcome many obstacles I wouldnt think I would overcome. She's taught me how to stand strong and hold my head high even when things are against me. to never give up for only giving up I've never attempted at all. I believe over the years watching my mom, I've learned so much from her and I would like to continue to grow from her wisdom.
Through all lifes let downs my mom continues to push and and remain strong. I definitely admire the strength of this woman. Her determination. love for life, and effort to acheive greatness of better herself as a person. I cna say when I was younger of course I didnt realize all the things she done, but standing today I realize she plays so many roles than just my admirer.

No comments:

Post a Comment