Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 3 Kevin Response-



I am currently reading "Take the Cannoli", by Sarah Vowell. In the text, she explains how she had nothing with her family while growing up. Her father was a gunslinging conservative, while she was a left-wing artist/musician. I feel like I can relate to Sarah's upbringing. I too have conservative parents while I myself am also a musician and an artist. However, just because I have different values and opinions than my family doesn't mean that we can't get along. My Dad and I are both huge movie buffs. We watch at least a film a day when I am home. We also both have a very dry and sarcastic sense of humor. My mom and I are both fans of tennis. We play together once a week and always watch the grand slams on tv. We have very different opinions of the professionals though. Just like Sarah Vowell, I have trouble fitting in with my family, but that doesn't mean we can't get along and still have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment