Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mario Ballesteros Day 3 Response


In my book (Lost in Place) Mark fell in love with the first kung movie he ever saw at the age of thirteen. He had a passion on becoming the wondering Zen monk.

The main character in my book went through the same thing as Sarah did. When Mark told his parents that he was going to drop out of high school and become a monk, his parents simply wouldn’t have it. They wanted him to graduate out of high school before he focused on anything else for his future. Mark definitely stood out from his family because of his outfit and also the weird training he would do in his basement.

I myself can relate to both the characters about their passion for something. I wanted to drop out of high school when I first got into breaking. I talked to my parents about it and tried to convince them to just let me get my GED rather than attend school. I only wanted to do that because I thought that I would have a lot of more time to practice and improve my skills as a dancer if I had done that. Of course though, that didn’t happen. My dad made it clear that if I didn’t graduate from high school he was going to break my legs so I wouldn’t be able to dance and would only focus on school. Both my brother and sister focused on school more than I did, I never really got along with my siblings and sometimes I would clash with my father because we hardly saw eye to eye on different kind of things. Sometimes I actually felt like I was adopted because I would feel so out of place at times.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya on this one. My moms the same way its either her way or no way. Its like no one considers what you want what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete