Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 5 Mario Response


In my book, "Take the Cannoli", Sarah Vowell and her father butt heads constantly. For religious, political and personal reasons, the two just cannot seem to get along. But later on in her essay, "Shooting Dad", she realizes that she and her Father have much more in common than she thinks. This reminds me of my best friend Christian and I. When we met, on the first day of seventh grade, we looked at each other and almost immediately hated each other’s guts. So you can imagine how unhappy I was when I walked into my fifth period English class to see that his seat was right next to mine. What luck. By the end of class, Christian and I had become fast friends. For the rest of middle school, we would walk home together almost every day and share our deepest secrets and thoughts with each other. We were inseparable. Although I wouldn’t consider him to be a “bully”, Christian and I had a weird but very deep dislike for each other when we first met; I guess first impressions aren’t everything. Maybe it had something to do with us looking alike or having very similar personalities. But then we’d have to get Freudian and this is only a blog. Not a therapist’s office.

No comments:

Post a Comment